Sunday, February 27, 2011

Big Time in Glasgow





I think we have experienced pretty much everything that Glasgow has to offer this weekend. We had a "big time" as they like to say here in in Kentucky.

On Friday night, Audrey got to spend some extra one-on-one time with Charlotte while Michael and I had a rare date night. We went to see the play "See How They Run" put on by the local amateur theater group, and it was hilarious. Then we went out to a Mexican restaurant with most of the cast - we had no idea that there was a restaurant in Glasgow that has a karaoke night on Fridays, and it was really busy. It was quite an entertaining evening, although neither of us sang.

On Saturday we went up to Louisville to keep Audrey's Papa company while he picked up a bookcase that he had purchased. We also went out to lunch at a great local Louisville spot, Lynn's Paradise Cafe (it reminds me of Sophie's Cosmic Cafe in Vancouver, but much bigger). I finally got the chance to play with my new hand me down Canon DSLR, and thought I got some really great photos!

Finally, today we played with the camera again. Audrey helped me with laundry, which is apparently really exciting for her. And we went to the circus!

I didn't really get any photos of the circus, but it was fun. Audrey was really excited by the elephants and the horses. She went on the pony ride and was so brave! At first she didn't want to let go of me for an instant, but she quickly pushed my hands away and held on for herself. She loved it and didn't want to get off.

I can't believe Audrey is going to be two! Time has flown, and she is still growing so quickly. Next weekend should be exciting too - Audrey and I are going on a whirlwind trip to Los Angeles for Audrey's last free flight before she turns two, and her first trip to Disneyland. I can't wait!

Hope everyone else had a great weekend too!


































No comments:

Post a Comment