Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Audrey Peridot Leitao has arrived!

We are very proud to announce the arrival of our daughter, Audrey Peridot.

Audrey was born at 9:20 a.m. this morning. She weighed 3 lb 9 oz and was 16 inches long.

She seems to be doing really well. She came out crying and strong. She is in the NICU and I haven't had much of a chance to see her at all. I will definitely get to go down and see her a little later though.

Audrey is breathing almost entirely on her own - she has a nasal cannula, which is a very minor measure to give her some extra oxygen. Other than that she has an IV and a tube for feeding, but if she continues to do as well as she has been, hopefully she won't need any of that for very long!

Here are some photos of our day so far:





9 comments:

  1. wow!she looks great! what lovely hair from her dad.We are all so happy here.love caroline and all of us in van

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Welcome to the world Audrey! Please open your eyes for a photo soon. It looks like you already have more hair than Adele!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sandy, she's just beautiful! Congratulations!
    -Stacy (lttle_one from JM)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally, the waiting is over. I'm so happy for you both. She's beautiful, and I can't wait to meet her, and I love her name! See you Friday, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations girl! Welcome Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you and so proud of how strong you are! I cannot wait to visit your family...soon! Audrey is so lucky to have you both as parents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We enjoyed so much all the pictures and to see how well you are doing with little Audrey. She is adorable and we are so happy for you. Wish you all the very best. Big hug from Marlene and Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, she has lots of hair, i like the name Audrey its unique. I cannot wait to see her and you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. heyy, just to let you know its vivian....
    WOW!! She's sooo beautiful!! Oh my gosh! I can't wait to hold her in my arms, my little one, LOVE ALL YOU GUYS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete